Winners have been announced for the 20th Annual Legacy of Women Awards, a competition sponsored by SafeHaven of Tarrant County (www.safehaventc.org).
Â The women from Arlington, Fort Worth and Northeast Tarrant County honored as outstanding in five different areas of expertise will beÂ recognized at a luncheon Oct. 11Â at the Fort Worth Convention Center. Chairing the event will beÂ Laura Laurence, Paige Pate andÂ Brook Whitworth.
ActressÂ Marlee Matlin, who won anÂ AcademyÂ Award forÂ her film debut in “Children of a Lesser God,”Â will be the featured speaker at the event. Tickets for the awards luncheon cost $125 and are available by callingÂ 817-535-6462.
Award winners for 2012 are:06
- Â Arts: Patti Diou, Arlington; Suzy Williams, Fort Worth; Trish Biddle, Northeast Tarrant County.
- Business: Grace McDermott, Arlington; Nancy Jones, Fort Worth; Lynn Stillman, Northeast Tarrant County.
- Education: Linda Denson, Arlington; Laura Prestwood, Ft. Worth; Linda Burr, Northeast Tarrant County.
- Health and Human Services: April Harris, Arlington; Lillie Biggins, Fort Worth; Rita Goodner, Northeast Tarrant County.
- Volunteerism: Carol Zimmer, Arlington; Jean Roach, Fort Worth; Cecilia Monacelli, Northeast Tarrant County.